I’ve wanted an outdoor sink for years! It was so logical to me: time saving and water conserving. Plus, come on, it’s cool! After much cajoling and begging, we finally built one. The we was really just Dale, the sink builder. I only watched excitedly while sipping tequila as he measured, cut, drilled, hammered, and racked it square.
Now that our outdoor sink is complete, this is why I love it:
- Washing up just harvested vegetables and fruits.
- Washing grimy garden hands.
- Refilling water bottles.
- Cleaning hummingbird feeders and mixing up new sugar/water solution.
- Hand washing clothes.
- Making sun tea right there in the garden! Grab that mint and add water. Bonus, the tea can sun right there on the counter next to the sink.
- Putting beverages or food on ice.
- Washing seeds/sprouts that are sprouting in jars or trays.
- Watering trees and plants with the diverted water!
- And it's awesomely sexy!
- Thrift stores, yard sales, alley finds
- Scrap wood piles
- Habitat for Humanity's ReStore
- Discarded materials from a kitchen or bathroom renovation